Friday, January 02, 2009

Christmas in San Diego


After spending our first day in San Diego getting last-minute presents, we quickly got dressed to head to the Whelan Family Christmas Eve party. As long as I can remember, my dad's brothers and sisters have gotten together every Christmas Eve. I was glad that we had the chance to go this year. We haven't been since Maggie was 6 weeks old. Every year, our family seems to grow just a little bit more. This year, there was a new addition and 2 fiancees to meet. I think my Aunt Gee counted 22 great nieces and nephews. It's always fun to see all my aunts, uncles and cousins. A little overwhelming, but a lot of fun.
My mom bought Maggie this Christmas dress and a matching one for my niece, Kayla. Maggie didn't quite like the idea of wearing a dress (she kept asking me where mine was :) ). She finally gave in when she realized that the slip underneath made a neat swishing sound when she twirled. Maybe she might give more dresses a try.


This is a picture of Maggie with my niece Kayla, and my nephews Blake and Cameron. It's hard to believe that Cameron was younger than Maggie when he was our ring bearer 11 and a half years ago.


My mom and dad bought Maggie this cool LeapFrog ClickStart computer sysetm for Christmas. She thinks she is such a big girl sitting her at her "computer desk" playing computer games all by herself.

Of course, a trip to San Diego wouldn't be complete without going to Balboa Park to ride the carousel and the train. This time, even the butterflies and airplanes were open and she got to ride those for the first time.

1 comments:

Tara Lee said...

Maggie looks so grown up in that cute little dress!