Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weird Al

Okay, Okay, so I am a dork. I honestly thought Mark would have blogged about this concert, but I guess I will have to.

Mark and I had the, ah hem...privilege to see Weird Al at our local fair last summer and when we saw that he would be playing at the San Diego County Fair while we were there, we figured we had to go, and we had to take Cameron, too.

You see, I had no intention of going to the concert last summer, no offense, Al, just didn't have any desire to go. However, I do love my husband and thought that I should go because he wanted to go. We almost didn't get to go last summer, but thanks to some friends of ours who saved us some seats (the concert was free), we were able to see it. I have to say, this guy is a great performer! He really did put on great show and was very entertaining.

So, when the opportunity came to see him and take our nephew with us, we had to do it. Mark introduced Cameron to Weird Al when Cam was only about 3 or 4 years old. Cam was infatuated with Star Wars and Weird Al had just come out with a few Star Wars parody songs, Cam loved them. We had to play them over and over again any time he was in the car with us. When we asked Cam if he wanted to go to the concert he was so excited. When we go to the concert, he was so excited. He decided he had to call one of his friends to gloat about being there, and lo and behold his friend was sitting in the same box seat section that we were, just 2 rows behind us! Thousands of people at this concert, and this kid and his family are within the 25 or so in our box. Amazing. Needless to say, that made Cam's night even better. Good Times.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for taking Cameron to see Weird Al. I know he had a really great time!

nwestmama said...

Oh my goodness...that looks hilarious.