Saturday, July 19, 2008

Balboa Park and The Zoo (Pt Two)




After the Polar Bears, we also had enough of the walking and enough of the heat and met my parents up at the Merry-Go-Round. We were really looking forward to this part. I think my parents were, too, since they had their own car and could have left straight from the zoo! My dad had already purchased a good handful of tickets so that we could all enjoy the 5 minute ride many times! My sister met us there with her 3 kids, so Maggie had a lot of fun with her cousins.



This Carousel has been around for a very long time, it was one of my favorite things at the park when I was a kid. Something really special about it, is that it still has the Brass Ring game. You know the one, or maybe you don't. There is a machine mounted up high that releases lots of iron rings and one brass ring per ride. When your horse (or whatever animal you happen to be on) passes the machine you can reach for the ring. If you get the brass ring, you win a free ticket to ride again. When I was a kid, I was terrified of reaching up to grab the ring and falling off of my horse. So, I took the plunge, or the reach and......I got it!! I couldn't believe it! On my first try, I got the brass ring!! I was very excited, as you can see from the photo. :)







Maggie loves the carousel and the only reason she got off was because we were leaving to go on the train at the park. This was another thing that I loved when I was a kid. Of course, the seats have gotten a lot smaller than they were when I was little. Or could they be the same and I'm not so little. NAH! If we would have let her, Maggie would have gone around and around the train all night. Alas, Mark and I had already purchased Weird Al tickets for our nephew and had to leave for the San Diego County Fair.


This is Maggie and her cousins, Cameron, 13, Blake, 6 and Kayla, 5. We took Cameron to see Weird Al. We all had a great time. Cam even talked Mark into going onto a few "fun" fair rides. :) Uncle Mark is SO cool! :) hahaha

0 comments: