Saturday, July 19, 2008

Vacation To San Diego

This is Mark, Maggie and my brother, Neil

Late in June, we took a real family vacation ( our first, I believe) to San Diego to visit our family. Mark has a lot of our pictures on his web blog, Dad's Point of View. I didn't think I needed to add the same info onto this blog, but thought I'd fill in some gaps.


First of all, we had the pleasure of staying with my brother Neil and his wife, Liz, the first night in town. They took us to this really fabulous dessert place for dinner, and of course, dessert. The restaurant was called Extraordinary Desserts. I've tried to explain to everyone just how delicious our dinner and dessert was, but really, you HAVE to look at their web site to see for yourselves what I can't explain in words. After searching the menu for something for Maggie, the very helpful, um, waiter/ess, helped us decide on a grilled cheese sandwich. Of course, at this restaurant, it couldn't be just any grilled cheese. It was a smoked mozzerella pannini to be precise. She loved it!! I was glad, because it was probably the most expensive grilled cheese she's ever ordered (and ever will, unless we go back someday...). It was a lot of fun, thanks Neil and Liz for a great night out!

The next day, as you can see on Mark's blog, we went to visit my brother's old fire station on the beach. Maggie really enjoyed driving in the big truck. After the fire station we walked down the boardwalk to get a coffee. Neil and I visited while Mark took Maggie down to the water. It was really nice to see my brother. He and his wife are super busy, so I was glad that we got to spend some time with them.

0 comments: