Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Can I Ride My Bike, Mommy?

That's what Mark and I heard this past Sunday afternoon at about 4:00. Mark had been trying to get her back tire to stay inflated, and had finally succeeded. Maggie knew this and woke up from her nap that afternoon wanting only to know if she could ride her bicycle. I tell you, you can't tell a 3 year-old she can do something before and nap, and hope she forgets about it. At least, not this 3 year-old! After trying to explain to her that it was getting dark and it was pretty cold outside (33 degrees and dropping!) she still wanted to ride her bike. Knowing that we are pretty blessed to be in December and still even have the option of taking a bike ride, we decided we better take advantage before the snow comes...or if it comes, I guess! We bundled up and headed out.

Here she is with gloves, hat, helmet and coat...oh yeah and capris (who dresses this kid, anyways...) ready to ride her bike.



Maggie really enjoys it when Mark gets his bike out, too. Fortunately, Maggie isn't so fast that I can't keep up with her just by walking next to her. We'll see if that changes next year!

0 comments: